June 24, 2011

TGIF, hosted by GReads

GRead's question for this week's first TGIF: Where is your ideal place to take a summer vacation and get lost in a book?
 
I have so many places, but I will share two of my favorites. Answer #1: Salem, MA. I visited Salem ten July's ago and loved every moment of it. I went back this past October and fell in love all over again. This is one of my favorite places to visit and to get lost in a good book. 
 
100% yumminess
I find the atmosphere so relaxing and reader friendly. There are benches along the boardwalk, perfect spots to become mesmerized by the water while getting lost in a book.  And where else can you get chocolate chip pancakes that size?!?! 

Salem is surrounded by beautiful views - of the water, of historical sites, of parks. This is a great place to sit back, relax, vacation, and read. Take the ferry in to Boston to add almost two more hours of reading pleasure (an hour to and fro).
 
Many will pick a perfect spot on the beach as a vacation spot to read. But for me, I prefer to throw down a blanket in the middle of a historical city, lay back, and just enjoy the stories that unfold before me.
 
Answer #2: Washington, D.C. The reason for this answer is the same as the one for Salem. I love being surrounded by history, by parks, by culture. And where else to find all three of those things than in D.C.? 
A great, shady spot for reading
 
When you've visited all the museums your feet will allow, you can take a breather right there on the Mall. Find a shady tree, have a seat, and just relax with a great book. There are activities all around you, there are food vendors all around you, basically, everything is all around you. Plan an extra day to just lay in the park, soak up some rays, take in your surroundings, and dive into your book(s). Caution: do not bring just one book with you. You will have plenty of opportunity to read.    
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you