June 20, 2011

Spotlight on: City of Bones

This novel was recommended to me by a male student, who donated three of the books to my classroom library. Since it is a hot teen read and I want to be a teen librarian, I decided that I better read the series. I absolutely love the world Cassandra Clare has created, and so I've decided to make it this week's Spotlight.

Clare's fantasy novel brings to readers a new world, a world full of demons, vampires, werewolves, and Shadowhunters. A Shadowhunter's job is simple - to kill demons.

We are introduced to Clary Fray, a typical fifteen-year-old, and her best friend Simon. Clary and Simon head out for a night of fun...but that quickly changes when Clary witnesses the impending death of a demon, something she should not be able to see as a mundane.

Clare's novel is fast-paced and action-packed. The reader will be surprised with where she chooses to take her characters, characters the reader will fall in love with and root for, making  City of Bones worth a re-visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you