December 29, 2012

Reading Challenge Status


With the daily demands of work and home, my reading time has dwindled a lot lately. This year, with the upcoming holiday break, I decided to challenge myself to read ten books. But, the break is the shortest it has ever been, and with only three days of break remaining (not counting today), I have to terms with the fact that I'm not going to reach my goal.

As of today, I have completed five of the ten books I was hoping to read. I will begin reviewing them today, but reading time is being stolen from my grips once again because I must prepare for a new semester with my students.

At this point, here's what I have read, in the order that I have read them:
  1. The Archived by Victoria Schwab - so in love with this book; seriously! Cannot wait to review it
  2. Splintered by A.G. Howard - wow! This book really takes an interesting twist of the famed Alice in Wonderland
  3. Rapture by Lauren Kate - a fitting conclusion to this tale of fallen angels
  4. The Second Spy by Jacqueline West - love Olive and her quirky house; cute mystery for third to fifth graders
  5. The Forsaken by Lisa M. Stasse - absolutely loved this dystopian tale that had the pacing of The Hunger Games but with elements of The Lord of the Flies as well
Today, I am tackling The Diviners by Libba Bray, whom I adore as a writer.

So, what you have read this holiday season? 

Any of you challenge yourself to read through a mound of books? 

What has been your favorite so far?


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you