With the daily demands of work and home, my reading time has dwindled a lot lately. This year, with the upcoming holiday break, I decided to challenge myself to read ten books. But, the break is the shortest it has ever been, and with only three days of break remaining (not counting today), I have to terms with the fact that I'm not going to reach my goal.
As of today, I have completed five of the ten books I was hoping to read. I will begin reviewing them today, but reading time is being stolen from my grips once again because I must prepare for a new semester with my students.
At this point, here's what I have read, in the order that I have read them:
- The Archived by Victoria Schwab - so in love with this book; seriously! Cannot wait to review it
- Splintered by A.G. Howard - wow! This book really takes an interesting twist of the famed Alice in Wonderland
- Rapture by Lauren Kate - a fitting conclusion to this tale of fallen angels
- The Second Spy by Jacqueline West - love Olive and her quirky house; cute mystery for third to fifth graders
- The Forsaken by Lisa M. Stasse - absolutely loved this dystopian tale that had the pacing of The Hunger Games but with elements of The Lord of the Flies as well
So, what you have read this holiday season?
Any of you challenge yourself to read through a mound of books?
What has been your favorite so far?