This weekend I will be attending the Decatur Book Festival in Decatur, GA. I made the trip last year for the sole purpose of meeting Cassandra Clare. This year my schedule is a bit more full with author bliss, particularly of the YA variety. Stay tuned this weekend as I post about my experience at the festival.
Authors I plan to see and/or meet include (but are not limited to):
- Judy Schachner, author of Skippyjon Jones
- Adam Gidwitz, author of A Tale Dark and Grimm (which I've reviewed on this blog)
- Lauren Myracle, author of...well, do I really need to list them. VERY excited about her!!! (squee)
- Myra McEntire, author of Hourglass (which I've reviewed on this blog) (squee)
- Lisa McMann, author of WAKE trilogy (my students LOVE her books)
- Libba Bray, author of amazing YA! (will keep my composure, will keep my composure)
- Simone Elkeles, author of Perfect Chemistry (my students LOVE her books)
- Jackson Pearce, author of Sweetly (haven't read yet, but excited to read)
- Victoria Schwab, author of The Near Witch (which I've reviewed on this blog) (squee)
- Rachel Hawkins, author of Hex Hall series (which I've reviewed on this blog) (HEART her!)
- Elizabeth Eulberg, author of Prom & Prejudice and The Lonely Hearts Club (reviewed both of these) (heart her)
- Tom Perrotta, author of Election, Little Children, Joe College, The Abstinence Teacher - heart him so bad!
I think that covers who all I'm hoping to hear speak and have the opportunity to meet - it should be an exciting weekend for of YA goodness.
What I'm looking forward to:
- Hearing Schachner read from her latest Skippyjon Jones book.
- Keeping my composure as I hear and meet all these great YA authors, especially Libba Bray, Lauren Myracle, Elizabeth Eulberg, and Victoria Schwab. Okay, who am I kidding - I'm looking forward to each and every one of them! I've read their books, passed them along to either my students or co-workers, and am just excited all around!
- Surrounding myself with other book lovers
- Good food
- Book shopping ;-)
I will be attending with the hubby, our little man, and my favorite book seller. Cannot wait to share my experience with all of you.
Happy reading all...next time I will be in Decatur, GA!!!