January 6, 2013

Review: Rapture

I bought this book the day it came out, and then I realized I was not ready to let go of Luce and Daniel. During the holiday break, I decided it was time. Why not end one of my favorite series as I was preparing to say goodbye to another year?



Title: Rapture
Author: Kate Lauren
ISBN: 978-0-385-73918-4
Pages: 448                                   
Available: NOW at your local bookstore or library

Summary (from the book jacket):

The sky is dark with wings…

Like sand through an hourglass, time is running out for Luce and Daniel. To stop Lucifer from erasing the past, they must find the place where the angels fell to earth.

Dark forces are after them, and Daniel doesn’t know if he can do this—live only to lose Luce again and again. Yet together they face an epic battle that will end with lifeless bodies…and angel dust. Great sacrifices are made. Hearts are destroyed.

And suddenly Luce knows what must happen. For she was meant to be with someone other than Daniel. The curse they’ve borne has always and only been about her—and the love she cast aside. The choice she makes now is the only one that truly matters.

In the fight for Luce, who will win?

Rapture is the astonishing conclusion to the FALLEN series. Heaven can’t wait any longer.

My Thoughts:

Get the box of tissues ready Luce and Daniel fans…you just might need them.

In this fitting conclusion to this four-book series, Kate takes readers on a rollercoaster ride, full with the ups and downs, twists and turns.

In their continued struggle for eternal love, Luce and Daniel must stop Lucifer from returning to the exact spot the angels fell; otherwise, the past will be erased. There are only two problems: they must discover this spot and survive a journey that could cost them everything.

Of the four in the series, this one is my favorite. I loved the unfolding of this story. In the other books I found Luce and Daniel to be the stars, as they should, but not in this final installment. It was not the characters that drove the story but the story itself. I could not put this book down because I wanted to know what reveal(s) Kate was going to give me next.

Several unanswered questions become crystal clear to readers, and I did not close the ending of this book feeling unsatisfied in any way.

Kate spends the first three novels setting readers up for all the reveals in this novel. While I loved it, I still feel that this series could have been accomplished in three books instead of four. Either way, I love Luce and Daniel. Their eternal love is something that many readers can root for because what is life without love?

What I love about Luce as a character is that I see her grow from book one to book four. There is no stagnation for her, and this happens sometimes in series. At the start of the series I was expecting the stereotypical female heroine in a paranormal romance, but it is Luce’s fearlessness that seems to help her character crack the mold.

She wants to know the truth of her history, no matter the sacrifice. That really come to fruition in Passion, but in this final installment she finally discovers the truth of everything. As readers, we experience the same moment of enlightenment as she does, putting all of the pieces from the previous three books together. While I wish Kate had given a few more pieces to the puzzle in the other books, after reading this one, I see why she held out on us. It worked to her advantage, and to Luce’s as well.

Daniel. Daniel. Daniel. What can I say about him as a character? He is loyal. His heart is full of love. He cannot bear to lose Luce one more time. His entire being is for her, to give himself fully to her. He is the key to Luce’s truth, and what a secret keeper he is.

I enjoyed experiencing his unconditional love for Luce throughout each book, and this one was no exception. I do not consider him to be the “hottie” writers usually give readers in the paranormal romances, but his devotion to his lady warms my heart.  

As a whole, I found the ending of this series quite fitting. I particularly enjoyed the Epilogue. It left a smile on my face and a tingle in my heart.

This book will appeal to those who love series reading and/or paranormal romance.

Have you read this series? What’s your favorite paranormal couple?

Leave your thoughts/comments below.

Happy Reading!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you