Here is what I learned during what I have termed “the blackout” –
1. If you tell people there may be no power for up to ten days, the first thing they get in line to buy is GAS.
2. Don’t buy anything that requires C or D batteries; you won’t be able to find any.
3. For the people who rush to the store to buy milk, it is a waste. It will spoil.
4. As long as you have water and non-perishable food, you will be okay.
5. Having power is over-rated…but only until you want a HOT shower.
6. I can go a couple of days without a shower; it’s okay.
7. The breakdown of communication happens fast.
8. Having a mound of unread books is okay.
9. Technology is killing the family unit.
10. I rely on my cell phone too much.