My original plan to was make a top 10 list, but as I went through the books that I have read and how many I enjoyed, I decided to go with a top 20 instead. Please note that the books I list will be books I read in 2011, regardless of their original publishing year. These books are not listed in any particular order.
- Silence (B. Fitzpatrick)
- Ditched (R. Mellom)
- Entwined (H. Dixon)
- Awaken (K. Kacvinsky)
- A Monster Calls (P. Ness)
- Shatter Me (T. Mafi)
- The Other Countess (E. Edwards)
- Anna and the French Kiss (S. Perkins)
- The Mockingbirds (D. Whitney)
- Delirium (L. Oliver)
- Prom & Prejudice (E. Eulberg)
- Sean Griswold's Head (L. Leavitt)
- Divergent (V. Ross)
- Demonglass (R. Hawkins)
- Jane (A. Lidner)
- Shine (L. Myracle)
- Hourglass (M. McEntire)
- Beauty Queens (L. Bray)
- The Near Witch (V. Schwab)
- Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children (R. Riggs)
That's my 2011 list , and I am eagerly awaiting a lot more great YA reads in 2012.
So what do you think? Have you read any of the above? Do you have any suggestions for books I should add to my "mound" of reads?
Happy New Year all...and most importantly, Happy Reading!